Hans Jürgen Pütsch has been Lord Mayor of the large district town of Rastatt since December 17, 2007. On September 30, 2007, he won the mayoral election in the second ballot. On September 27, 2015, he was again elected Lord Mayor of the city of Rastatt in the first round of voting.
This is what Mayor Pütsch particularly appreciates about "his" city
"Rastatt convinces by its magnificent location between the Black Forest and the Rhine. The species-rich and originally preserved Rastatt Rhine floodplains are one of the most valuable natural treasures in the administrative district of Karlsruhe. They are complemented by the beautiful baroque old town, which has many cultural gems to offer, not only against its background as the last bastion of the German freedom movements in 1849.
The city also shines with its historic castles. The Residence Palace and the Favorite Palace. Every second year, the international street festival tête-à-tête attracts thousands of visitors to the baroque city. Rastatt offers plenty to discover for all ages, the perfect all-round package!"
Curriculum vitae of OB Pütsch
- Born in Bitburg in the Eifel, Hans Jürgen Pütsch grew up in Philippsheim, a small idyllic village in the Eifel.
- After attending elementary school and stops in Switzerland, the family moves to Rottenburg am Neckar. There he attends secondary school.
- in 1976, he transferred to the Aufbaugymnasium mit Heim in Saulgau, where he passed his Abitur in 1982.
- Pütsch started his professional career in the municipality of Talheim in the district of Tuttlingen as a municipal inspector candidate.
- In 1984, he transferred to the Tuttlingen District Office, where he was appointed as a government inspector candidate.
- In the same year, Pütsch began his studies at the University of Applied Sciences for Public Administration in Kehl and graduated in 1986 with a degree in administration.
- For one year (1987 to 1988) he is clerk at the Villingen-Schwenningen land registry, responsible for the Villingen district in the Schwarzwald-Baar district.
- As early as 1988, he became head of the main office and land registry clerk of the municipality of Schönwald in the Black Forest, until he was elected mayor of the town of Dornstetten in the district of Freudenstadt in March 1990.
- From 2004 to 2007, Pütsch was an alderman of the large district town of Horb am Neckar.
- He leaves Horb early to stand for election as Lord Mayor in Rastatt on September 16, 2007. He wins this with 51.07 percent with a voter turnout of 50.11 percent in the second ballot on 30.09.2007. From then on he works as Lord Mayor.
- Initially, he works from 17.12.2007 to 08.01.2008 as an office administrator until the appeals on the mayoral election are decided.
- On September 27, 2015, he is re-elected mayor in the first round of voting with 77.53 percent of the vote.
Historic City Hall accessible barrier-free