The Voluntary Ecological Year (FÖJ) is an ecological education year. The city of Rastatt offers teenagers and young adults the opportunity to get involved in nature conservation, environmental protection and environmental education for one year. At the same time, they can gain their first professional and life experiences. The most important requirements for an FÖJ with the city of Rastatt: personal commitment and enjoyment of active nature and environmental protection.
Every year since 1991, the city of Rastatt has offered two young people between the ages of 18 and 27 the opportunity to complete an FÖJ at the Department of Urban and Green Planning. The volunteers work in various areas of municipal environmental protection. Their tasks at the city include:
- Supervision of the ecostation of the city of Rastatt
- Cooperation in practical landscape, biotope maintenance and species protection measures
- Planning and implementation of nature experience days at the ecostation
- Cooperation in forestry operations and nesting box inspection
- Implementation of own ideas and projects
- Cooperation in natural cattle grazing
Information about the FÖJ everyday life at the city of Rastatt has been summarized by the FÖJ students in a presentation (PDF) (6 MB).
How can I apply? If you would like to do an FÖJ, you must apply to the body responsible for the position, the State Agency for Civic Education: https://www.foej-bw.de
City Hall Herrenstraße barrier-free access
PDF presentation FÖJ (PDF) (6 MB)