In the run-up to the mayoral election on September 24, the candidates will present themselves publicly and personally to the citizens. The rounds of interviews for the mayoral election will each take place at 7 p.m., with admission at 6 p.m. Registration for the events is not required.
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023, BadnerHalle.
Click here for the photo gallery. Click here for the video of the candidate presentation.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023, Altrheinhalle Plittersdorf
- Friday, September 15, 2023, Festival Hall Ottersdorf
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023, Oberwaldhalle Rauental
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023, Festhalle Wintersdorf
- Thursday, September 21, 2023, Niederbühl Sports Hall
The launch event in the BadnerHalle was also broadcast live on the Internet via the city's YouTube channel.
The candidates each have ten minutes to introduce themselves and present their core issues and goals. This is followed by a 90-minute panel discussion. Guests can ask the candidates their questions directly. In the BadnerHalle, Lord Mayor Hans Jürgen Pütsch, as Chairman of the Municipal Election Committee, will be the moderator. In the local districts, the local chiefs will lead through the evening.
Public meeting of the municipal election committee
The municipal election committee conducts the elections and determines the election results. It is composed of the Lord Mayor as chairman and at least two assessors. The assessors and their deputies are elected by the municipal council.
- On Tuesday, August 29, 6 p.m. , a public meeting of the Municipal Election Committee was held in the Council Chamber of the Historic City Hall. In this meeting, the received ob-applications were reviewed again. Five candidates were approved for election. All info
- Once again, the Municipal Election Committee will meet on Election Sunday, September 24. In a public meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber of the Historic City Hall, it determines the election results in the electoral districts and presents the results of the election of the Lord Mayor.
- Mailing of absentee ballots has begun
- Candidates introduce themselves
- GWA meeting: Five candidates stand for election
- Applications will be reviewed and approved on August 29/Request absentee ballots for both election dates/Mailings no earlier than early September
- City sends out election notification